Thursday, February 16, 2012

Here We Go!

Today marks the first "official" day of the Naked Face challenge. My husband and I had a meeting first thing this morning--we were both to look professional. It was odd thing not putting any make up on or doing the usual straightener/gel ordeal. I was a little concerned that someone would believe that I am not taking things seriously. But why? Do I really believe that I would be judged because I chose not to make my lips a different color or make my lashes stick out unnaturally? Maybe, but perhaps it is more in my head. As I looked around the building, there were lots of people without make up on. I didn't look at them any differently. But, I'd have to say this was my first real test and believe it or not, it wasn't that bad.

So I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night--blog post after blog post was running through my head. But brevity is the sole of wit, so I'll end it here. But each blog post I'd like to finish highlighting a women in my life, who I believe is beautiful.

The first is my mother. Where do you start? You spend so many years developing a relationship, trying to figure things out but I don't think it is fully understood what a parent does until you become one yourself. If I had to describe my mother, it would be a Renaissance woman. This lady knows everything--she really does. She has read every book in our library and if she hasn't yet read it, you can better believe it is on hold so she will get to it when it is available. She is one of those women who just takes care of you--she made sure we had great clothes for school, homemade bread, cookies, pizza (to name a few) every week. I can't think of a person I'd rather shop with and she is a killer partner in Trivial Pursuit.
My mother and I are a lot alike. Quick witted, extroverted, a leader, and a sharp tongue. Obviously this has caused some clashes but when it comes down to it, she is the person I turn to first. She is not as outspoken like others in our family but she is firm with what she believes. She might not be the person to raise their hand to lead the prayer, but you know that Christ is in her heart just by how she lives her life. She is an amazing confident, mother, cook, fashionista, and treats my children with all the love in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment