Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Naked Face Project

Today marks the last day of my beauty products...for 60 days at least. I bid farewell to my lipstick, hair straightener, my lifesaver NARS multiple, the "mommy dark line eraser" SmashBox photo op...yes, even my mascara. My go-to, spend 5 minutes at least, 15 year relationship with mascara.
All day the questions ran. Why are you doing this? Really no shaving? Maybe just a teeny tiny bit of mascara, just on the ends. But the more I thought of those questions, the more I thought of my daughter. I looked at her beautiful chubby cheeks, her long eyelashes. Then I thought what if she decided to take a pencil and draw a small lines across her eye lids, like we do every morning. What if she layed lipstick on those perfect pink little lips, blush to replace her natural color. I hated that thought. From there, my thoughts ran. (yes, I spend a lot of time with kiddos and therefore by myself :) )

I'm taking on Molly Barker and Caitlyn Boyles challenge--60 days no makeup, no primping, no shaving. Each have their own reasons and I have mine.

Follow Their Journey : www.thenakedfaceproject.com

Keep reading to follow mine!
Much Love,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how people think we are trying to prove something? Nope...for me, it's about self-exploration. That's all.

    ReplyDelete